Our Warranty Policy
1 .NORTwood, warrants to the Purchaser that starting from the original purchase date for a residential or commercial application, under regular use and service, the cladding and siding materials will be free of defects in terms of materials and workmanship.
By defects, we mean:
- Structural damage from fungi or termites
The warranty for residential applications is 25 years, and for commercial products, it is 10 years. All warranties are subject to limitations and restrictions as follows.
If you notice a defect in any of the delivered products, please send us a written application within 14 days of discovery. You may need to send the products to us for an evaluation at our facilities. NORTwood will evaluate the products and the installation methods used to determine if a replacement or refund is valid.
2. Purchaser’s sole remedy, and NORTwood’s sole liability to Purchaser, for any claim whatsoever relating to the NORTwood product, any claims arising out of the marketing, purchase, installation, use, storage, possession or maintenance of NORTwood products (whether such claim arises in contract, warranty, tort, gross negligence, negligence, strict liability, statutes or regulations, or otherwise) or any claims that the NORTwood products failed to perform as warranted above, is and shall be limited to NORTwood’s replacement of the defective NORTwood product. NORTwood shall not be responsible for the costs associated with the installation of the replacement NORTwood product or the disposal of the defective NORTwood product.
3. NORTwood’s obligation to provide replacement product shall only be in an amount equal to the volume (linear feet) of defective material as listed on the Prorated Warranty Schedule contained herein or the number of defective NORTwood Fasteners. NORTwood’s replacement obligation allows NORTwood to provide products as close in color, design and quality to the original installation as reasonably possible, in NORTwood’s discretion and determination. Purchaser acknowledges that NORTwood does not guarantee an exact match as colors and designs may change.
Purchaser agrees to the use of such fasteners as adequate for the reinstallation of the furnished board, irrespective of the existing method. In NORTwood’s sole and absolute discretion, NORTwood may, at its option, elect to refund the percentage of the original purchase price listed under Recovery on the Prorated Warranty Schedule in lieu of replacing the defective product.
4. Under no circumstances whatsoever shall NORTwood be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, punitive, exemplary, statutory, special, or other, damages based upon the NORTwood products or resulting, directly or indirectly, from any defect in the NORTwood products, including, but not limited to damage to, diminution in value of and/or loss of use or enjoyment of, any property or part thereof, whether based on contract, tort, strict liability, statute, regulation or otherwise, even if NORTwood is expressly advised about the possibility of such damages.
Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages in certain circumstances, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
5. The Limited Warranty does not cover and NORTwood shall not be liable for any of Purchaser’s installation, removal, disposal or reinstallation costs.
6. NORTwood does not warrant against and is not responsible for, and no express or implied warranty shall be deemed to cover, any condition attributable to, in whole or in part, to:
improper installation of NORTwood products, failure to abide by NORTwood’s written instructions, failure to comply with any and all applicable laws or building codes, including but not limited to improper structural support, fastening, ventilation or gapping, use of NORTwood products beyond normal use or in an application not recommended or permitted by NORTwood’s written instructions and applicable laws and building codes, movement, distortion, collapse or settling of the ground or the supporting structure upon which NORTwood Products are installed, defects in or failure arising from decking structure resulting from water caused by improper installation, workmanship, maintenance or repair, any Act of God (including, but not limited to, flooding, hurricane, tornado, wind, earthquake, lightning, hail, etc.), discoloration, fading, spotting or staining from or caused, in whole or in part, by mold, mildew, other fungal growth, organic materials, metallic oxides or particles (including but not limited to rust or corrosion of any fasteners), dirt, other atmospheric or environmental pollutants, foreign substances such as grease or oil, chemicals (including but not limited to those found in cleaners), or normal weathering (defined as natural efflorescence, exposure to sunlight, weather and atmospheric conditions which causes any colored surface to gradually fade, flake, chalk, or accumulate dirt or stains), damage resulting from casualty, fire or exposure to heat sources such as cooking devices or retro-reflective surfaces, the application of paints, stains, surface treatments or other chemical substances including but not limited to cleaners or pesticides, fading, flaking or other deterioration of any paints, stains or other coatings placed on the NORTwood Products, climate change, environmental conditions, static electricity or any cause beyond the control of NORTwood.
If NORTwood deems your claim valid, your items will be replaced, or you will receive a refund. Please note that the refunded amount will vary as per the date of return, and the warranty can only be transferred once within 5 years starting from the original purchase date. Please get in touch with us for more information at email@example.com.